Thursday, March 17, 2011

Attention to others - by Chaya Simon (as told by Judy)

He was such an inspiration to me in so many ways, many that I have only realized since he was taken from us. I was, you know, the baby sister, so my memories from childhood are kind of a blur, but I do have very vivid memories from my teen years on. One of the most amazing things, I find, about your Zaidy, was that even though he was so incredibly brilliant, and constantly involved in learning and reading, people meant so much to him. If someone came into the room where he was, or if he was called to the phone, you would never see him seem "bothered" by the interruption. . His eyes would light up and he would give his full attention to whoever it was came in, as if he had been waiting for the person all day to spend that time with him/her. You know how hard it is to tear yourself away from a "good book" or something you are concentrating on to give your attention to something else. But to your Zaidy it was never a problem. The person wanting to speak to him deserved immediate attention, the book or sefer could wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment